I never miss a Beauty Trend Show at Nordstrom, especially when the Nordstrom Galleria Dallas are the ones hosting it. It’s probably the only thing that will get me up early at 7 am. Yes, you read that right. Ladies flock to the mall at 7 am for what we may call “Beauty Church”. Mall is still closed, in case you were wondering. But Nordstrom opens up early to showcase a mini runway show of sorts for all the Beauty Trend Show attendees. So below are some photos from the event held last March 22, 2014, as well as the Spring 2014 key trends highlighted at the show. Read on my beauties!
Spring 2014 Key Trends at the Beauty Trend Show
There were two Spring 2014 key trends presented at the Beauty Trend Show recently. These two must-haves of the season are:
- Pretty Striking Lips – the obvious colors on the Spring ’14 runway were very feminine and flirty, mixed with some edge and elegance.
- Go for show-stopping punch of color on your lips like couture pink, electric orange or a vibrant tomato red.
- For the cheeks, go for a soft flush, just enough to make your cheeks look blooming!
- Complete your look with dramatic, defined eyes with a perfect black eye liner and endless lashes with a thickening mascara. For the eyeshadow, a minimalist touch goes a long way. Go for a fresh nude or lavender shadow for just a little touch of color.
- Then finish up with nails in shades of white, soft nude or lavender for a dainty look.
- Midnight Bronze Eyes – it’s that time to bring out the golden goddess in you. Go for shimmering shades to complement animal and tribal prints perfect for festival season.
- The number one important thing to create this look is a flawless complexion. Use multitasking products that not only protect your skin but promote radiance and a healthy glow.
- Whether day or night, terra cotta and bronze pair perfectly with gold shades to produce that sun-kissed skin.
- For the eyes, an oceanic blue liner or eyeshadow would be great to match the bronze.
- For the lips, go with a bright burst of color like orange or tomato red.
Spring 2014 Beauty Trend Show at Nordstrom Galleria Dallas
Now let’s take a look at the two key trends for Spring 2014 in action. Let’s start with the Pretty Striking Lips trend with matching pretty florals and pastel fashion. Take a look at Scene 1 at the Beauty Trend Show.
Pretty Striking Looks
- Look 1: Tory Burch peach floral dress
- Look 2: Trouve black mesh top (similar here, here and here) || Ted Baker fuchsia floral print skirt (similar here)
- Look 3: Halogen black mesh top (similar in navy) || Kate Spade peach multi print tweed skirt (similar here)
- Look 4: Trina Turk black and white stripe top || Trina Turk black and white stripe skirt
You can shop the looks here:
For scene 1, the brands that were presented were Tory Burch, PMD with special guest Sam Alexander, creator and founder of Personal Microderm Device Kit…
Erno Laszlo who demo’d their Sea Mud deep cleansing bar…
Kate Somerville which mind you, has some of the best anti-aging products (that we’ve tested and proven to be effective)…
Clarisonic was also there to feature their Pedi-Care sonic foot transformation…
Lancer, Laura Mercier, Dior and Trish McEvoy with special guest Global Education Executive Paul DePadua.
Up next was Scene 2 at the Beauty Trend Show. Take a look at the Midnight Bronze Trend in action. Shimmering beauty looks were complemented with tribal and animal prints that’s perfect for a Safari adventure or music festival!
Midnight Bronze Looks
- Look 1: Diane Von Furstenberg orange aztec print dress
- Look 2: Olivia Moon sand jumpsuit
- Look 3: Madison & Berkeley safari print sweatshirt || WAYF black leopard print pant
- Look 4: June and Hudson black leopard print top (similar here) || Free People leopard print pant
- Look 5: WAYF black monkey print top || Trouve gold mesh cardigan || WAYF black monkey print pant
- Look 6: ASTR black and white print top || ASTR orange open pleat pant
You can shop the looks here:
For the second scene, the brands that presented were Aveda, Osmotics Cosmeceuticals, Chantecaille, La Mer…
Smashbox, MAC Cosmetics (Victor Cembellin Senior Artist), Chanel (John Fussell, Global Makeup Artist for Chanel who works closely with Peter Philips)…
Lancome and Bobbie Brown with special guest, Rogelio Reyna, Director of Artistry and Education.
As always, the beautiful Ms. Karen Delauro hosted the Beauty Trend Show. Since 2007, she has served as the Regional Beauty and Fragrance Director for Nordstrom stores in the South.
After the show, I met with Victor Cembellin, MAC Senior Artist who was a lot of fun! He goes to Paris, London, NY, etc. for fashion week, working with models backstage at runway shows.
Also met up with David Cooke from Nordstrom Diptyque who has taught me a lot more about the brand. He is also the one who organized our Sunday Funday with Diptyque last April 13.
Was supposed to meet and consult with Chanel Global Makeup Artist, John Fussell and Rogelio Reyna, Director of Artistry & Education of Bobbi Brown, but we were pressed with time. There were so many people and I had to leave early too. But seeing and hearing them talk during the show was enough to get me inspired and discover new makeup tricks for the season.
Thank you Nordstrom Galleria Dallas for having me and for the generous VIP goodie bag. Already looking forward to the next Beauty Trend Show! Can’t wait!