This Tic Tac Toe Party Favor post has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser, Dove® Fruit. However, all stories, instructions and opinions for this #LoveDoveFruit post are mine alone.
Don’t you just love it when you include “better for you desserts” into a party favor for kids? With so many junk foods in the market these days, it’s nice to be able to give them a healthier option that they will actually love and enjoy. What am I talking about? How about dark chocolate covered cranberries? Yes, real fruit! Dove® Fruit – Whole Cranberry is one of those chocolate and fruit pairings that you won’t feel guilty eating. The young ones and young at heart will surely love this treat. So below, I made use of Dove® Fruit in a Tic Tac Toe Party Favor!
Tic Tac Toe Party Favor with Dove® Fruit – Whole Cranberries
What You’ll Need
- Tin cans – got mine at a craft store for a buck each
- Cupcake liners
- Colored Straws
- Plastic party favor bags and tie, jute or ribbon
- Colored paper for Tic Tac Toe board (sharing a printable below)
- Dove® Fruit – Whole Cranberry
In case you were wondering, Dove® Fruit chocolate has limited availability and it can be purchased at Sam’s Club. I snapped a photo below while grocery-shopping, so you’ll know where to find it. It’s usually by the snacks area, next to the other chocolate packs. Right now it comes in the Whole Dried Cranberries variety but there will be a Whole Cherry version later this year! I can’t wait to try that one too.
Now that you’ve gathered all your materials, it’s time to get started with our Tic Tac Toe Party Favor with these better for you desserts! Try to avoid devouring the whole pack of Dove® Fruit Chocolate as you D-I-Y this party favor, okay? Let’s begin!
- Line your tin can with a cupcake liner. You can omit this if you like. But for sanitary purposes, I like my tin cans lined.
- Now fill up the lined tin cans with Dove® Fruit chocolate and place the lid back.
- Start cutting the straws in 1 inch lengths. We’ll be using them to make our “X’s” for the Tic Tac Toe.
- Take two 1-inch straws and staple them together in a cross or plus (+) sign position as seen below.
- Make about 7-9 “X’s” for each tin can. You can mix and match colors or use one color per party favor. What’s great about the tin can that I bought was that it has a magnetic bottom. That’s why the staples in the straw “X’s” stuck to the bottom of my can! Makes it easier to organize my “X’s” and “O’s”. The “O’s” are the Dove® Fruit Chocolate Cranberries inside the can, by the way.
- Now as you can see above, I printed some Tic Tac Toe boards in colored paper/card stock. I have 6 boards per 8 x 11 paper and you can put as much per party favor as you’d like. Here’s a free Tic Tac Toe Board Printable for you! Just click to download/save it to your computer so you can use it for your next party favor. Print it out and cut.
- Now put your Tic Tac Toe boards, tin can with Dove@ Fruit chocolate “O’s”, and straw “X’s” inside a plastic party favor/loot bag. Tie with a ribbon, jute or a twisty tie that usually comes with those plastic bags.
Now, you’re all set! How fun and easy was that? And mind you, I’m not a sweets-kind of person, but I could munch on these all day. They are that delicious. The real fruit is what got me! And the dark chocolate? I’m usually not so much of a fan. But these tasted delicious. Grab a Dove® Fruit – Whole Cranberry the next time you’re at Sam’s Club. Trust me, they are THAT good!