The hubby and I are huge fans of Call of Duty. So when I heard about the Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone, I thought it would be fun to test out and review this COD merchandise. This is a great starter drone intended for 14 years and up. But as kids at heart, we wanted this for ourselves. Below are our thoughts on this starter drone.
Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone: Starter Drone
Before I share my thoughts, let me give you the description and specs about this starter drone from the brand. The Call of Duty Dragon Fly Drone is a quadcopter drone with camera that takes photo and video.
- Dragonfly camera drone shoots photo and video with Wi-Fi first person viewing capability.
- Quadcopter with four quiet rotors and six-axis gyroscope for control.
- Use this UAV drone indoors or out.
- Lightweight, yet durable construction for a long-lasting experience.
- Automatic landing, take-off and return functions.
- Performs aerial maneuvers such as flips, spins, and rolls.
- The Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone brings game action to life!
- Recommended for age 14+.
- List Price $149, currently on sale (at time of publishing) $81.43.
Review on COD Dragonfly Drone
- This drone is meant as a starter drone or a drone for kids. While adults can also join in on the fun, it’s not as complex in features as other more expensive drones in the market.
- It’s very light – which again, makes it a great drone for kids or teens. However, the lightness of this drone makes it harder to play with during windy conditions.
- It was easy to calibrate and we were able to maneuver it easily after the second try. It was fun trying on flips and rolls!
- It flies high, which was impressive for a starter drone.
- Wi-fi camera that shoots videos and photos that can be streamed live on a smartphone works great. Of course, the quality isn’t DLSR quality. But it’s a decent camera that kids and teens can enjoy.
- We like that you can control the drone with either the provided remote controller or through your smartphone!
- The ONLY thing that we really didn’t like about the COD Dragonfly Drone is the battery. This is a problem for kids too. It took only about 10-15 minutes for the battery to run out. And if you know kids who will be playing with this toy, they will be taking turns and wanting to enjoy it for a longer period of time. 10-15 minutes tops ain’t just enough. We wish there was at least an extra battery to prolong play.
Overall, this is a great starter drone to try. If you have been wanting to get yourself a drone or your kid/s have been wishing for one, the Call of Duty Dragonfly Drone is a great starter drone. This would be perfect when the weather gets warmer! Only downside, like I mentioned above, is the battery. So I recommend getting an extra battery or two. See more photos and a video of the drone below.
Currently, the COD Dragonfly Drone is available and on sale at Walmart for about $81. Check it out here.