Easter is just around the corner! In case you haven’t done your grocery shopping yet, then I’ve got a fun and tasty smoothie that you can make and serve your family and friends this Sunday. It’s easy to do and your guests will definitely love it – both presentation and the taste. Plus, it’s healthy too. Check out my Easter Berry Smoothie in Apple Cups using Wyman’s of Maine Fresh Frozen mixed berries below.
Easter Berry Smoothie in Apple Cups
- 1 cup of Wyman’s of Maine Fresh Frozen mixed berries
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3-6 apples
- 1 cup of milk
- Peeps Chicks Mallows
- Some toothpicks
*Note: I didn’t include any more sugar because fruits have natural sugar in them. In case you want it sweeter, feel free to add sugar or honey if you like. You can taste the smoothie before you serve.
1. Cut the apple horizontally about 1 cm from the bottom as seen below. We are going to use the bottom part of the apple as our flower decoration. Remove the center by creating a hole using a knife. The bigger part of the apple will be our cup for our Easter Berry smoothie!
2. Take the top part of the apple and invert upside down so that the top is now the bottom. Using a knife, make incisions on the apple, as if you are outlining the shape. Make sure to leave enough on the skin to hold it’s shape and to insert a toothpick later on. Now scoop the inside with a spoon and pour on the blender.
3. Now take the bottom part of the apple and you’ll see the 5 bumps. Slice mini teardrop shapes directly on the bump to create a flower effect. Now in case you would like to do this ahead of time, you can definitely cut the apple the night before. To prevent it from browning, WikiHow can show you different ways to keep the apple from turning brown. Squeezing lemon on to the cut side of the apple is the most common, but there are other ways you can do it.
4. Take a toothpick and a blueberry from the Wyman’s of Maine pack of mixed berries. Insert the toothpick on the bottom part of your apple flower all the way to the hole then insert the berry unto the hole and poking it a little bit with the toothpick to keep it in place.
5. Now with the apple slices you scooped from the apple cups in your blender, add the 2 ripe bananas, 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of berries. Blend to the consistency that you like. I like some texture to mine so I leave mine like this. Now pour to your apple cups.
6. Take your Apple-Berry flower decor and poke toothpick unto one side of the apple cup. Take a Peep marshmallow, insert a toothpick and stick to another side of the apple cup. Serve on a tray or plate and decorate with fruits and chicks mallows as you wish!
You can also decorate with some colorful straw. Just cut the straw in half to fit your apple cups as seen above and below. Now you’re ready to serve your Easter Berry Smoothie this Easter Sunday!
Thanks to Wyman’s of Maine and for providing their product for this fun Easter drink recipe! Wyman’s of Maine is available at major retailers like Walmart and other groceries like Whole Foods. Check out their website at www.wymans.com to see where else you can find them and what other fruits they offer. You can also check out their Facebook for more info!
Thank you Peeps for providing the Chicks marshmallows to decorate this drink. Peeps is available at most groceries and retailers around the US. You can also order them online at www.peepsandcompany.com.
Hope you like this drink recipe. Let me know if you try it. You can also create your own favorite smoothie and use the apple cup to serve. Enjoy!