Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Castle Wood Reserve®, but all opinions are my own.
With spring season upon us, we love to take our meals outside to enjoy the sunshine. After all, it’s the best time for picnics. Leaves are turning green. Flowers are blooming. And best of all, temperatures are climbing up, but still cool enough to enjoy outdoors. The best meals to pack are those that can be served at room temp. So today, I’m sharing a Spring Picnic-appropriate recipe, Turkey Chopped Salad with Dijon Mustard Vinaigrette.
- 6 oz. Castle Wood Reserve® Oven Roasted Turkey, cut into ¾" cubes or squares
- 4 oz. Garbanzo Beans, drained
- 2 oz. Green Lentils, cooked
- 6 oz. Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup Sugar Snap Peas, cut on the bias
- 2 cups Baby Spinach
- 2 oz. Castle Wood Reserve® Colby Jack Cheese, cubed into ¾" cubes
- 1 oz. Castle Wood Reserve® Smoked Provolone Cheese, cut into strips
- 2 tsps. Italian Parsley, stemmed
- 1 tbsp. Castle Wood Reserve® Deli Mustard
- 1 tsp. Shallot, minced
- ½ tsp. Champagne Vinegar
- ¾ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. Honey
- ½ tsp. Tarragon, finely chopped
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix mustard, shallot, vinegar, and honey in a bowl. Whisk in the olive oil slowly. Stir in the tarragon.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat. Finish with freshly ground black pepper if desired.
Thank goodness I found this delicious salad recipe inside the latest issue of Martha Stewart Living (May 2017). I’ve been incorporating more salads in our regular diet. However, it’s usually a rotation of Caesar salad, Asian Chopped salad, and a Garden mix. After awhile, it gets boring and you get sick of the same thing. So now, I can add this to the rotation.
Castle Wood Reserve® Premium Deli Meats
You can find this recipe along with three other recipe cards inside the Castle Wood Reserve® packet in the magazine. And I’m telling you, you’re gonna want to try them all. After all, you can’t go wrong with Castle Wood Reserve®. I’ve been buying their premium deli meats even before. If you haven’t tried them yet, you NEED to! You can learn more about their products and which grocery stores to find them at castlewoodreserve.com.
Now what recipe to try next? I’m thinking the Swiss and Ham Ciabatta Sandwich with Garlic Aioli. Well, let me know if you try out this Turkey Chopped Salad recipe. Don’t forget to pin an image to save for later.