We are all about the Holidays here. Can you feel the Holiday spirit? All the parties, baking, cooking, shopping and gift-giving put me in a good mood. What I don’t like? Washing and putting away a ton of dishes after the party. So if I can minimize the dishes, the better! And you know what? Baker’s Secret has helped me in that department. Their new colored bakeware is perfect for oven to table. Plus, they are dishwasher and metal spatula safe.
These red and green colors are perfect for the Holiday season. The colors look great that I don’t find the need to transfer what I baked to a serving dish. Not to mention, you can bake brownies, breads and other Holiday cakes and give these as gifts. Not only will the recipient be receiving a tasty treat, they are also keeping a baking pan that they can use over and over again.
I already baked some comfort food with my rectangle baking pan as you can see below. This Banana Cake is a pretty popular treat here at our house. If you would like to try it out, or just found yourself with too many overripe bananas, below is the recipe to start baking. Yum!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (Alternately, fill a measuring cup with 1 tbsp vinegar or lemon juice then fill with regular milk up to the 2/3 cup mark, stir, let sit for 5 minutes, stir again and you’ve got buttermilk!)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch cake pan (alternately, use 2 round pans or 2 square pans)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Mix in the bananas.
- Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chopped walnuts or raisins (optional).
- Pour batter into the prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, and place on a damp tea towel to cool.
These pans are also perfect for those morning after party breakfasts! If you don’t know what to do with all of your left-overs, here’s an idea. How about some breakfast bagel pizza? These are also perfect when you have guests staying over and have no strength to cook up some more after a big dinner party the night before.
BREAKFAST BAGEL PIZZA
- Mini bagels
- Shredded mozzarella cheese or any cheese of your choice
- Left over meat like turkey, roast beef, chicken or pepperoni
- Cut bagel pieces in half.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with sliced ham, turkey, chicken, roast beef or pepperoni slices.
- Pop in the oven to broil in high setting for about 5 minutes then it’s off to the table!
Again, no need to transfer to a serving dish because this colorful Baker’s Secret baking pan is just as wonderful!
Now, it’s time for some giveaway! I know you would want these colored baking pans too. So if you’d like to win two pieces of Baker’s Secret colored bakeware, just enter through the Rafflecopter widget below. This contest runs until December 2, 2014. Good luck!
Disclosure: I received these Baker’s Secret baking tools as well as a gift card in order to facilitate this post.